Summer Salads and Spreads
Light & Creamy Spinach Artichoke Dip
- 2 cups Cannellini beans, cooked (or (1) 15 oz can, rinsed and drained)
- 1/2 c milk
- 1 c green onions or chives, chopped
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- the juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Blend all ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth and creamy.
- 5 oz fresh spinach
- 5-6 artichoke hearts
- Add spinach and artichokes to blender and pulse until well combined, but chunky. Serve chilled with fresh veggies or whole grain crackers.
- Option: Place in a preheated 425 degree F oven for 20 minutes and serve warm.